Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year...


I have made no New Year's Resolutions, barely thought about it really. And honestly, the past year was such a roller coaster of emotion and events, I am happy to be done with it and starting fresh. Bad attitude? Nope, like I said -I'm just being honest with you.

I was recently in an almost major car accident. Although nobody, including the cars, was hurt (Thank Goodness for quick thinking and skilled driving!) I can't tell you how much it shook me up and brought me back to feeling grateful for the everyday. How quickly it can all be taken away. And how easy it is to get caught up in the everyday busyness, so easy to lose focus. So, I guess if I were to have a New Year's Resolution, it would be this: Finding and keeping "my center" in all that I do and enjoying life without complaining about the uncomfortable bits. Fairly simple, yet more than not, overlooked by too many.

Looks like I just made a New Year's Resolution! I think I can flow with that.

How about you? Are you ready for this squeaky clean, shiny New Year?

No comments: