Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Salsa Garden is a Tease...

Our garden went neglected for about a month while we worked our tails off on that rental (the work paid off, it sold the first day it was listed!). We're happy that it didn't feel the neglect and just shrivel up and die on us...I have the unusually wet and dark month of June to thank for that.

Ours is not just a salsa garden...but the salsa makings are high on my list. I love fresh salsa. I'll put that in bold so perhaps you get the point as to how much I love fresh salsa. Luckily, I have found another source of fresh-enough salsa to satisfy my buds when I don't have my own home-made goodness at hand. Although I know my peppers and tomatoes are not quite ready, I want to just pluck em, chop em and eat em up!

If we're lucky, and I know this sounds really weird, we won't get the chance to fully pick all of our salsa produce. Yah -Huh?- is right. You see, when we planted this garden, we had no idea that the farmhouse would present itself in such a manner. If I am lucky, we will be selling our downtown home of 7/8 years by this fall. If we're lucky that is. I have yet to pack, move and then put our beloved home on the market. I will be content with however it all goes down.

So, besides the occasional ready-to-pick pepper, someone else may be enjoying my freshly picked veggies. At least, I truly hope the new owners will appreciate the garden space we have created. As for now, I will continue enjoying photographing them and dreaming about the salsa garden of next year.

I'll be back tomorrow to share more of our garden goodness...

No comments: