Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fantastic Slide Show...

I never really stopped dancing. The difference now: I am back in the studio with Kelli (whom I completely adore and love). This evening was my first Ballet class...In how many years? I cannot tell you how good it feels to be at the barre again. Actually, I am quite sore now! Core strengthening at it's finest! Although I love tap dance, ballet is where my heart is. I danced En Pointe for three years, my girls play in my old toe shoes. Besides being there for my own satisfaction, I have a wonderful new bond with my daughters. Especially Ausha. She is very serious about her dance future.(That's my girl!) I asked her if she was going to be embarrassed that I was there. "Of course not Mom, I think it's great!" Thank You Ausha. I feel your confidence. Wish me luck. Or better yet, rhythm and grace...

Anyone know who sings this song? Please tell me!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Great video. I just finished reading a book about Rudolph Nureyev called The Dancer who Flew - pretty incredible. My daughter did Highland for 12 years & some ballet. Now she's in jazz - you can take your child out of dance but you can't the dance out of your child, or YOU by the sounds of it.

Going Crunchy said...

Awesome for you! I think it's important to have a little something for yourself.

Hey, I wonder if there are any environmental ballet troupes or productions? It's coming out.....I was reading the Eco Theater blog....wonder about ballet!

Good going for you. Shannon

Anonymous said...

The song is called "Like Humans Do" - David Byrne (Talking Heads)