Friday, January 11, 2008

Compromise...






After much persuasion, Lance hung our Christmas lights again this year. Of course, this was done early December and I have been hesitant to share them. They are pretty cool, if I do say so myself. The candy cane trees are always a hit. We could not afford to switch over to LEDs but compromised on the amount of lights we strung. It may not appear to be so, but we did cut the amount of lights we lit considerably. I am sure to be booed, but I ask for a bit of leeway. I love my Christmas lights and I wasn't quite ready to give them up...After our last big snow I made sure to take pictures, this was my last year of having them...

More of our light display here.

2 comments:

Going Crunchy said...

We had heated discussion on this topic in our house too! I think I'll work on a post about it...but I hear ya!

We had a string above our cabinets and lights on the tree, but that's it. Husband thougth I said, "none." I said "some." Mainly because he is one of those massively overboard people with lights outside, but there's a story there.........I wanted a teensy bit, but not the flight pattern we normally put outside.

Hey, don't beat yourself up that much. Remember, I got a tree this year and you didn't. I got an actual chopped down one vs. you makin' do. Factor it out when you figure out how many lashes to give yourself and you'll probably find it isn't as many as you think.

mb said...

i found you through a random search about the plastic garbage patch in the middle of the ocean...

love you blog.

and where do you live??? i used to live in the Ketchum area of Idaho (out East Fork).

Blessings,
m