Monday, December 10, 2007

Yer Buns!


When I took this challenge on, my husband asked who he was supposed to "rat me out" to when I failed. Well, he doesn't have to. I caved and pushed my therm up to 64 this morning. I know, I know, you don't have to tell me. I am blaming it on my three year old who has a gross green nose, nasty cough and refuses to put on more clothes. I try, and then she runs in the room with just her dress-up on (this is usually a silky scarf and not much else). I promise to knock it back down, just give me a little three year old leeway...while typing this my brain is saying "Who is the Mom here? Make her do what you want!". Ya well, I am picking my battles...

3 comments:

Chile said...

I think having a set temperature range is great, but allowing deviations during illness is a good plan, too. No sense prolonging illness for an arbitrary number, in my mind.

For instance, I took several hot baths this past week - more than I'd taken in the past 6 months or so. My back really needed it, though, and I tried not to feel too guilty. I left the water to heat the room and then used as much as possible (before the shower was needed!)to refill the toilet tank after flushing. If it hadn't been raining off and on for the past week, I'd have hauled it out to the garden in small buckets.

In other words, do what you can but allow yourself some flexibility for unusual circumstances.

Going Crunchy said...

Husband and I are having mini-battles over the thermostat, and there is no way I can convince him to take a challenge.

Because of the design of our house, hardwoods and two story foyer it is a veritable heat sucking machine. When I keep it on 68 it feels freezing, despite slippers, socks, appropriate clothes and sitting with a blankie.

The downstairs is freezing while the upstairs is nice and the kid's room is always an icebox as it is so far away from the heater. We do have to run a safe ceramic their room or it remains about 60 no matter what.

While we are here we can manage just about 68 but I'm turning it to 62 when we are out for extended periods of time. Bleh---this is my great failing!

Going Crunchy said...

Oops, forgot to add that this is one main reason why I want out of this house! I want a log cabin in the woods somewhere!~!!!!!