Thursday, February 14, 2008

Creative Kids...




Here we are working on Roxie's Valentines for school and her dance teachers. For all three of my girls I stuck with the rule..."No spending money, work with what we have". I am so proud of them! They did so well and were super creative. I also said we were not buying candy to go with the Valentines. Buying a bunch of candy just did not flow with limiting consumption and litter. And really, kids get too much candy anyways. The girls didn't complain and again, I was proud of them.

This project just needs old crayons, wax paper (sandwich the crayon shards with two wax paper heart shapes), an iron, newspaper and ribbon. The picture doesn't really show how pretty the hearts are in sunlight.

3 comments:

Going Crunchy said...

Oh, that is beautiful! What a great craft, and from the heart too. Shannon

Jane said...

We had a little party at school on Valentine's Day and stuck with fruit only. I thought I had bought way too much but there were NO leftovers. The kids had great fun chopping everything up into bite size pieces, especially when the pineapple fell back into its container splashing juice into my hair. Good times.

22 Butterfly said...

What a good idea. The girls are surely creative!!!