Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pay the Good Feelings Forward, or The Community Blogger Award...

This award seeks to celebrate those people "who reach out and make the blogger community a better one”.

I was delightfully surprised when I checked into Going Crunchy today. She was tagged with the Community Blogger Award. This was really no surprise. She is an awesome writer (children books and a novel!) and I love the way she communicates her musings. She is so real, makes me think of my environmental choices with a bit more scrutiny, and always brings a smile to my face. I have also found myself worrying a tad if I haven't heard from her in a while. She is someone I would have never met if it weren't for the blogger world. So by all means, I second the notion of Shannon being awarded the "Community Blogger Award".

The fact that she put me in her top three to be awarded this "Fun Flag" is heart warming to say the least. Wow! That's all I can say. Thank you Shannon.
I always hope I make someone think about the choices they make with our big beautiful earth, or even just make someone smile. I hope by sharing my concerns I'll be shown a new route or way of thinking. I have a lot to learn in this "green" area and finding people who are equally concerned with their "footprint" size, who are really making a difference, helps with this learning process.

I started this journal as a way to stay connected with friends and family. It has grown so much from that. I think many people under-estimate the blogger world and what it can do. I am continuously inspired to be a better mom, wife, and "earthling". As Shannon put it so nicely..."I think some people question putting your life online.....but if you like to write it's kinda the equivalent of the modern day coffee and snapshots with somebody every day. Just virtual. It's a dialogue and discussion.....and I think it's the NYT for real folks. Undiluted life".

I would love to put a new name on the list of Community Bloggers. There are so many blogs I pull inspiration from, I don't know how I would choose one! Would it be so uncool of me to just point you over to my "Sites to See"?
I can tell you my first blogger trips of the day...

Going Crunchy
Soulemama
Hedges Happenings
Four Mugs and a Crock

I am also enjoying this "new to me" blog, ChileChews

Gosh, this doesn't even include all my other "Inspirational Sites" I check into over at Craft-Crazy.

Well, I guess I did it...These are my Pay the Good Feelings Forward, Community Blogger Awards. Check em out, you're sure to be inspired...

2 comments:

G. Harrison said...

mysheel, I've gotta stay away from fries. my suit pants are still a bit snug.

hey, congrats on your definitely honourable mention from shannon. well done, myshell.

and thanks for your kind referral on this most recent post. i'm tempted to open a cold one and celebrate but it's only 11:15 a.m.

cheers!

ceeb

Chile said...

Thank you for the honor, Myshell! I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. I'm enjoying yours as well. :)