Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Day After...


Feeling a calmness I haven't felt in weeks...feeling grateful for my absolutely fabulous doctor and kind nurses...feeling closer to my husband.

Not feeling angry...not feeling all is completely lost...not giving in to depression.

After questioning our decision many times over, I now know we did the right thing and am on the road to recovery.

Me coming to terms in surprising ways: Opening the package of fabric I ordered for the baby's blanket, which arrived yesterday after returning home from the hospital...enjoying the new Little Stitches for Little Ones, which also arrived yesterday...looking forward to the arrival of a beautiful necklace made by the talented Lisa Leonard, should be here any time. I've walked down the lane to check the mailbox twice today. This necklace represents the babe we have lost and I plan to never take it off.....

Hold the ones you love close to you...and live now.

This photo of Lance and I was taken before we knew the outcome of our pregnancy.

No comments: