Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh Yes...It's Fall

Been a bit quiet here the last few days. I have begun another "Big Push" (they come in surges really) in our moving out of - getting renters in (thank goodness we have good ones already lined up) and moving into the farmhouse fully...and by that I mean moving our workload into the basement to build walls and make our family room a real room. I'll spare you all the details, just thinking about it tires me. Goodness knows I have been working on this farmhouse all summer! Before, I couldn't see an end in sight, but I am starting to get a glimpse. And that makes me so very happy. I could never express in words how much my heart needs to be done moving, or moving houses that is. The whole month of June was spent completely re-doing and selling my parents rental property -we were lucky, it sold before we were finished. Working insanely hard there enabled us to purchase our farm. Since then, it has been a whirlwind of moving, pregnancy, renovating the farmhouse, losing my pregnancy (I say that like its something you can simply misplace -sigh) and back to our town house to ready for renters--what a summer it was. Honestly, I am glad it is over and we are starting a fresh season. And with that.....

As the sun is moving in its noticeable manner and the evenings are getting crisper here at the farm, my thoughts turn toward the cozy fall/winter to come. The first of this season to experience in our new home...


To welcome this change in season we gathered together with good friends and The Apples. Oh yes, the truckload of apples we picked earlier in the week for this very celebration...The Autumn Equinox. An event that began in the afternoon and flowed well into the evening. We had a few more hands at work this year then last...and thank goodness for that! This year's mark was 39 gallons of freshly pressed apple juice, we call it cider -but I don't think it really is.

Have you ever tried freshly pressed apple juice? Pure apple, dripping and sticky? Yum...

Throughout the day the grownups keep the press turning, everyone lends a hand at each job. The kids play a huge role, engaging themselves completely into the process. Friends working together, making memories that last a lifetime. And that's what its really about...

No comments: