Friday, September 25, 2009

Of Fathers and Daughters...


A big moment in a five year old's life...removal of the training wheels. Oh yes, a big deal indeed. As I had suspected, she took right off. When she started to wobble, her daddy was right there to keep her from completely crashing. Oh and, according to Roxie, taking a break to eat grapes off the orchard fence helps in the learning process...

Watching the two of them together got me thinking about the relationship between fathers and daughters, how precious it truly is. Roxie (just like our other two girls) holds a huge chunk of Lance's heart in her little hands. She knows (unknowingly) that she is free to explore her world...safe with her father watching from a distance -not too close as to smother the curiosity a five year old holds....yet right by her side when she needs a helping hand.

Lance's girls (all of us that is!) are everything to him. I have to giggle when he cringes as the oldest starts wearing makeup and shaving her legs. What lies before him as a father with three daughters is a bit scary, I'm sure. I have the advantage of once being a teenage girl myself and don't find these things so hard to accept. Oh Lance, your girls only want to make you proud...and of that I am sure they will succeed.

Fathers and Daughters...A tight bond nobody can touch. I feel extremely honored to have the pleasure of watching this bond grow between the man I love and the daughters we have together...

1 comment:

Clover said...

Ahhh! How sweet. And funny, because I posted about learning to ride with no training wheels this morning too! Must be a back to school thing to do.

So envious of your garden. My shady little yard produced 2 tomatoes and a few strawberries this year. Sigh...