Friday, September 11, 2009

A Random Day...


A random day:
*Leave the house by 7:30am, takes an hour to get the girls to school. We have three different schools to arrive on time to ya know...

*Spend 30 minutes within that hour hanging with Roxie, waiting for her school doors to open. This is a favorite time for me. I drink my tea, knit, read, ramble with Roxie, make lists, etc...

*I run errands or do chores (like working at the townhouse) until it's time to pick up Roxie from kindergarten...

*Roxie and I head over to the townhouse and eat a picnic lunch by the pond, talk about her school day and what else is on the schedule for that day...

*After lunch, I start packing more and cleaning...wishing I were already done so I could be quilting...reminding myself that everything happens in its own time...

*I find Roxie asleep on the floor of her old bedroom, I smile and snap a photo...

*At 2:30pm it is time to round up the other two girls from school. Oh the traffic is crazy!

*I surprise the girls with much needed haircuts, which take about three hours to complete...nothing says starting a new season of life like a new hairdo. Wouldn't you agree?

*We head back home for homework, haircut pictures, dinner making and to bed on time so we can start another day bright and fresh...

And there you have a random day plucked out of my life -this past Wednesday to be exact- and shared with you.

No comments: