Monday, August 13, 2007

Ya...So Anyways...



Ya...so anyways, after posting my last post -I figured I had better be more honest with ya all. It's not all beer smelling around here. We started our master bath project last night. I should say Danny started it. I don't really jump into the scene, without my camera that is, until it is time for me to tape, texture and paint. Danny is the man on the job. (for those who do not know -Danny is my cousin) He is helping us to flip our house for a nice profit (fingers crossed). With his help we WILL obtain our goal: building a straw bale home. This goal includes teaching our children, and ourselves, how to live on the earth without leaving such a large footprint. Our children are our future and our hope. Education is key. A few years ago, my girls were fighting with each other and I asked them both to tell me what they were thankful for. They start naming off the obvious...Mom, Dad, each other and so forth. Then one of them stated "Thank you Fred Meyer for my food" I'll tell you- it hit home pretty hard. Lance and I had had our goal of more wholesome living for a while, but when you hear things like this from your children -it makes it feel so urgent. EXTREMELY URGENT! Needing to stop the cycle of unawareness. Where do we begin? Big question, but I think the answer is a simple one. Start with each choice you make, especially if you have children- they are ALWAYS watching (kinda scary huh). With all that said, a bit more than I planned, here are a few pictures of the old bathroom today....

No comments: